Friday, July 22, 2011

My Condolences to the People of Norway

My posts have been rather sparse(okay, nonexistent ) of late, because there has been so much happening that I get a bit overwhelmed. However, decency simply requires that I post on this.

May I extend my deepest condolences to the families and friends of those involved in today's attacks against any shred of human decency and all that stands for good in this world. While the press madly searches for scapegoats in today's events, I feel only sorrow that such things still happen. This is the reality of which I attempt to inform people in on-line debates and my postings here. The reality which trumps every form of idealism or philosophy.

Sometimes people just kill others and no degree of regulation, manipulation or indoctrination will stop that. It is part of the human condition. It is part of the nature of man. (I will grant you that some ideaologies inspire more evil than others.)

As a Christian, I can define it as the sin nature that we all have because Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This allows me to understand that, even though I may not realize it, I have a sin nature. The law, as given in the Bible, allows me to see that I have sinned as well as the necessity of acknowledging my sins and repenting of them. This allows me to see the need for the acceptance of Christ's sacrifice.

I know that this is not something that only belongs in the realm of the mad. I know that, under the wrong conditions, any and every human being is capable of this level of evil. To deny that fact of human nature is to deny human nature itself, and this is why I do not and will not subscribe to any form of communism, be it never so wonderful looking and sounding. It simply does not work, has never worked and will never work because it denies the truth of what we are.

I know this won't be a very popular post and that many will disagree with my basic assessment of human nature. To those people I say, it is not my assessment, but the Lord's. I have only been given the opportunity to see the truth of it in ways that many have not.

To those grieving in Norway tonight, my deepest and most heartfelt condolences again. You are in my prayers and in my heart as I contemplate the evil that has touched you today. May the Lord be with you in your sorrow. In the coming days may He comfort you and may you rise above your worst selves to wrest some good out of this tragedy.

For those who are looking to cast blame, I urge you to wait until all the facts are in.

"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done."~ Gen 8:21

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. " ~ Gal 3:24-26

No comments: