Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Life for the 2nd Amendment

If you missed (or never listen to) the BTR show of the same name as this blog, then you should give the widget on the sidebar a click and have a listen. It's only 30 minutes. Wednesday's guest was Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed, also known as the Wiki Weapon project.

When I first heard about this, I was wallowing in in a slough of despond over the murder of our ambassador and the treasonous "response" of this administration and the treasonous and complicit lack of impeachment proceedings from Congress. I, personally, now regard the contract between the federal government and We the People (AKA the US Constitution), to be broken. Irrevocably and egregiously broken. I declare that I, will respect the rule of law-including that venerable document-but that I will no longer regard anything coming from the so-called federal government to be binding upon me as they have broken the contract. (Yes, wallowing, I say.)

 This project, the very idea of it opened a window into the possibilities for maintaining our freedom in the future. Freedom from an egregiously out of bounds and out of control government in the form of technology moving so fast they will be simply unable to keep up, and that, my fellow Americans is a very good thing. A very scary thing also as there are always those among us who will turn such things to evil, but that's a different problem and one that cannot be solved by legislation.

In any case do give the interview a listen and then go to http://defensedistributed.com/  and check it out. Exercise your freedoms daily.

“Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.” ~ Psalm 62:1 

No comments: