Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Racism or Poor Layout?

I have received feedback on the earlier post, stating that the real thing is much more self explanatory than my description.
So, in the interest of veracity, I have scanned the article from the Sheboygan Press with the accompanying advertisements. Please note that I take the position that this was just poor layout especially when you look at the railroad ad that runs beneath both article and pig ad which seems to be reinforcing Sheriff Clarke's message.


All in all it gave me a good chuckle, knowing as I do, that the Sheboygan Press is often referred to in these parts as "The Sheboygan Mess". 

As to the semi-accusatory tone of the article's headline, the proper response is: "Of course the taxpayers are covering that public service announcement, just as they do all the others. What kind of nonsense is this? Do they think that taxpayers should only have to pay for messages they want to hear in public service announcements? Don't be ridiculous.

"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them." ~ Psalm 126:2

No comments: