Saturday, April 13, 2013

Obamacare kills stay at home Moms and Children


I know the title for this one may seem a bit extreme. Perhaps you should read the post to find out what's in it.

Congratulations my fellow stay at home Moms. Those of us who decided that being there for our husbands and children was more important than building a resume have just been shown this administration's estimate of our true worth. We are useless eaters and therefore not worthy of sharing the health care coverage that our husband's employers are now legally required to provide, but only for full time employees, not their families.

Oh, and don't worry about the kids, they're not going to be covered either. So, to all those who voted for Mr. Obama, and all those who just love, love, LOVED the idea of obamacare... okay, I refuse to say that sort of thing on my blog. But know, that, I have just lost the fine distinction between the intellectual impact and the emotional one in this issue. As far as I am concerned, all your enthusiasm and glee for your new commie leader is how I view your opinion of my death and that of my child. This harms me and may God forgive me for the thoughts I have of all of you at this moment and going forward.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, but you're not. You all still think you're all heroes instead of the newest version of "useful innocents". Shame on you for thinking that heroism comes without sacrifice. My only consolation will be that many of you are dependents yet on the breadwinners in your own families and you won't be covered either.

Maybe now you'll appreciate your great grandmother's saying that you should be careful what you ask for.

And if the husbands of this nation will not stand up for their wives and children in this regard, then you will have what you deserve.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."~ Genesis 2:24

3 comments:

Veiled in Faith said...

I agree that the Obama administration is a horrid threat to traditional families. That said, I believe the basic concept isn't wrong, the Bible commands us to care for one another. The approach Obama has taken is not right, but neither is the traditional American health care system that allows families starve because they can't afford their medical bills. I applaud you for what you have said, But I think the problem runs much deeper to how society thinks in general.

Call Me Mom said...

Veiled in Faith
Thank you for stopping by and my apologies for the delay in responding.
I think this post, from a few years back addresses your point.
http://iratetirelessminority.blogspot.com/2009/10/moral-case-for-health-care-reform.html

I agree with Mr. Morris' comment that all laws are a codification of someone's morality, other than that, I recognize my individual obligation, as a Christian, to help others when and where I may, but to have the government take from me to give to someone who may very well be better off while I suffer is unacceptable and the antithesis of charity. As is taking from me to the point that I am harmed by it in order to help someone else.

May 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Anonymous said...

Just wait the requirement for receiving medicaid or any benefits from government is that you work or you will be dropped from the program. Wait until all the stay at home moms are forced to work..So if you are one of those families on the fence thanks to obamacare moms will be put back to work, isn't it grand..