Thursday, March 26, 2009

GOP Conference Calls

My apologies for the lengthy break between posts. I have been distracted by my non-blogging life of late. I hope that is settling and I will be able to post more consistently for this next bit. I would like your help to decide about a new opportunity that has been presented to me recently.

On March 16th, I received an e-mail from the House Republican Conference. It said that they are reaching out to blogs who do not currently receive their Congressional updates and videos.
They also extend invitations to exclusive blogger conference calls with House members on hot topics being discussed in Washington. I participated in my first such conference call with Reps. King, McCotter and McMorris Rodgers on the 25th.
Some of the topics addressed were the strategy of the current administration, the debt, increases in spending, entitlement spending, AIG, and etc.
To hear the call click here. This call lasted about 30 minutes. Mr. McCotter's remarks starting at 27 minutes, 45 seconds are refreshing.
"Our truths are self-evident, not relative"

I'm not quite sure why I was invited to participate in these calls as I am not a republican, but rather a conservative.
Let me know what you think. Is this sort of conference call valuable?
If so, and I decide to continue to participate and post on them, Would you prefer that I write a transcript of the call, post a link to the call itself, as I've done here, or just excerpt bits that I find relevant?

"The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame. "~Zeph 3:5

5 comments:

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

Your conservative influence is much needed in the Republican Party - but I agree, not a Republican, but am a Conservative.

Call Me Mom said...

Thank you Mr. Gibbs.

Dr.D said...

Mom, is this a two-way conversation, one where you can ask questions, etc?

I think it is worthwhile, and I suggest that you publish excerpts with your own comments on them.

Dr.D said...

PS: This is a bit off-topic, but Mom, I have to tell you that the color scheme on your blog is really difficult for old eyes. I can hardly read parts of the page, and other parts I cannot read at all. The black background is a real killer. Would you consider something else, please? Thanks.

Call Me Mom said...

Sorry about the color scheme, Dr. D. I'll see what I can come up with.

The conference calls are two way. We can ask questions.
Thank you.