Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


Thank You to SR and DR at The Maritime Sentry for bestowing the Honest Scrap Award on me on July 3rd. (I hope it was okay to copy and post the image as I could not get it download from it's web-site here : I am assuming it goes along with the award and will remove it if notified to the contrary.)

THE RULES

In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.

My 10 honest things:
1.) I want to do my best to do God's will in my life.(I usually fail, but at least I have a goal.-lol)
2.) I am currently severely disappointed in the Boy Scouts of America.
3.) I like blogging because I can review what I write before it gets to it's intended audience.
4.) I have rejected the idea of putting advertising on my blog, because I have an objection in principle to "monetizing" what I write and because I don't like Google's terms even though I could use the money.
5.) I tend to face what scares me, not out of bravery, but out of the fear that I won't be able to live with myself if I don't.
6.) I love my husband.
7.) I love my son.
8.) I hate being manipulated.
9.) I tend to think that people will do the "right" thing if they know what it is and become terribly depressed when they don't - see number 2.
10.) I have never colored my hair and it is still the color God gave me in my portrait(maybe a little darker now) despite the fact that most of my friends my age and some younger have been gifted with that symbol of age and wisdom.

My 7 other blogs, in no particular order are:
1.) Webster's Blogspot
2.) Voice of Conservative America
3.) Wisconsin Speaks Up
4.) Enjoying the Story
5.) Gates of Vienna
6.) Loyal to Liberty
7.) Red County
Since Webster's was already named by The Maritime Sentry, I'm going to include an eight choice here:
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." ~Prov. 18-24

2 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for the award! :)

Call Me Mom said...

You're welcome!