Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And a hesitant welcome to the FreeJingers

I have just discovered that someone has taken a screenshot of a conversation I had with a Facebook friend and posted it in FreeJinger . This is apparently a page for liberals to make fun of us "fundies", whatever that means.

In any case, it's a shame because I was about to stop requiring moderation on my comments here, but now, given the demonstrated ignorance of the posters on this thread, I think I will wait a bit longer. Apparently, these people, who do not even know the history of their beloved obama, are assuming that I would like to see him charged with treason because of the abundance of melanin in his skin rather than for the many excellent reasons I have outlined in other posts on this site. (Like his gift of aid and comfort to our enemies during time of war.)

The incivility of the left is constantly a source of amazement to me. If I saw a post like this on a friend or a friend of a friend's Facebook page, and had an objection to it, I would have addressed it there. Apparently the correct course of action for a progressive/liberal is to take a screen shot and post it somewhere else so they can make snarky comments without giving the object of their comments the opportunity to address the issues raised. But then what else would I expect from someone who frequents a site that calls itself "FreeJinger: A Quiver Full of Snark.

I am, however, thankful that "wolfie" was at least considerate enough to blur out names, because, as I have made no secret of my opinions here and in other places, my friend does not deserve to have their conversations re-posted without their knowledge and consent. To do so, is a type of moral cowardice, in my opinion, but at least this "wolfie" person had manners enough from somewhere to leave names out of it.

Since this person "wolfie" has also posted the address to this site on that thread, I thought it only apropos to welcome those who may cruise over from that site. Welcome to you and I hope you read and learn. I used to be a liberal too. Now I know more (because I research it) and am a conservative because I value truth and reality over ideology. I hope you do as well.

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: " ~ Matt 25:35

No comments: