Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Where is the GoV Blog?

Update #3: The Gates of Vienna blog has moved to their own site. The link on my blogroll has been changed. Just in case it takes a few days for that to work properly, their new url is: http://gatesofvienna.net/

Update #2: The blog has been taken down again. this time the notice says that Blogger is reviewing it for a term of Service violation. If they are using adsense, I can only imagine that they will find a TOS violation and the blog will be moved.
There is a reason that I did NOT join adsense. (Actually there are a few but this one is relevant.) Adsense places limits on what may be said on one's blog. for instance the post I put up above this one is about the Guns Across America rally in WI on the 19th. The adsense TOS states that you may not post anything promoting firearms or the use of firearms. There are other objectionable things in there too, but I suspect many an unsuspecting blogger will adopt adsense hoping to make a few bucks only to lose their blog because of the ridiculously PC TOS.
In any event GoV is down again. I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Update: The GoV blog is back up and running. According to the the Baron, it seems to have been a glitch on the part of the Blogger platform. I am happy to think so and also relieved to see that fellow bloggers are paying attention and looking out for each other. We need to look out for each other and if nothing else, this serves as a practice run to make sure we can contact each other if the need arises.

I just found out (H/T Holger of Holger Awakens) that the Gates of Vienna Blog has been removed. I do not know why, neither, according to the tweets from the folks at GoV do they.:

  1. gates of vienna@GatesofVienna
  2. Please, please help. We've been removed from Blogger. No message why.

  1. PLEASE RETWEET THIS 4 US: Gates of Vienna blog "has been removed". We have rec'd no message why. If YOU spread this mayb someone can help??.



    1. TRY 2 GET ON OUR BLOG, GET THISA MESSAGE "Sorry, the blog at has been removed " Our email: nedmay@chromatism.net.



    1. GATES OF VIENNA HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM BLOGGER. THERE ONE MOMENT & THEN SUDDENLY GONE! PLEASE HELP US FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED. 
     
    What is going on Blogger? GoV has been of inestimable service to this nation.
     
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? " ~ Gen 4:9

    No comments: