Monday, July 25, 2011

Standing Like a Rock

In an earlier post, I quoted Thomas Jefferson when he said "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock".

I am taking this opportunity to declare where I stand. I stand solidly in support of the folks at Gates of Vienna, including Fjordman. They have done a mighty work of good in attempting to inform this nation of the perils involved in welcoming the followers of Islam into our nations unchecked.

The people at the Gates of Vienna blog have served for more than ten years now as watchmen on the walls of America. That the msm has elected to make their work into a scapegoat for the actions of a man who has taken so many lives is beyond despicable.

I am a long time reader of the Gates of Vienna, and they have done nothing to warrant such an attack. The Baron has been a guest on my BTR show to bring attention to the situation in Lampedusa, which continues to worsen. His concern was not just for the tiny Island of Lampedusa or the nation of Italy which is being bankrupted by this influx, but also for the refugees themselves, most of whom are followers of Islam.

I have had issues with the msm and I've made no bones about it, but this is beyond the pale. To divert American attention from the very real issues that confront us in order to persecute those who have served us faithfully, and in a way that threatens the freedoms of every American citizen is the last straw.

I no longer regard those outlets of the msm who are doing this as credible or trustworthy. They are corrupt and undeserving of my patronage. Shame on them. To take this tragedy and use it to push some sort of sick, progressive agenda before the funerals have even been held for many of the victims of this attack, is ghoulish at best.

The only coverage that is appropriate at such a time as this, is the mourning of the people of Norway, the condolences shared by other nations and the news of the day. Decency commands it. Just as it commands me to stand by those who have attempted to serve this nation by their, mostly unheeded, warnings.


"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." ~1Cor 13:1

4 comments:

Dr.D said...

I agree with you, Mom. I think this is particularly important at this time when the Norwegian Nut that apparently set the bomb and the proceeded to murder a larger number of young campers in Norway has implicated both Fjordman and GoV, along with Pamela Geller, Geert Wilders and just about everyone else involved in the anti-jihad movement.

It is definitely worthwhile and significant to show our support for these valuable sources of information at a time like this when the MSM has utterly failed us.

Dr.D said...

This is just a short follow up so that I get any responses.

Call Me Mom said...

Good to see you again Dr. D. Thanks for the support. DR has also linked to this post over on The Maritime Sentry.

What can I say, First they came for the anti-jihadists.....

I will speak while I may and pray that Mr. Adams was right when he said "We shall never be abandoned by Heaven so long as we act worthy of it;s aid and protection" (or something like that.)

DR said...

Your only attacked when you're doing the Lords work.