Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Standing Down




 I am so deeply grieved by this villainous administration's treatment of American citizens at Benghazi that I find all the election nonsense to be too much for me. 

I keep thinking of the ramifications spreading ever outward from that epicenter and I am am overwhelmed by the perfidy, the treason and the out and out murderousness of these people. 

The harm this has done and continues to do to our military concerns me greatly. Our fellow citizens did not sign up to be ordered to sit on their hands when their fellow citizens are being killed. The harm it will do to those who may vote for him unawares, thanks to what appears to be a msm blackout. (Although they certainly had fair warning of his character from his votes on the born alive bills didn't they?)The rifts in families and communities between those who have an ounce of simple human decency and those who are so morally bankrupt that they will ascribe this all to politics and never you mind that someone died. Appalling.

How will I be able to sit at the same table over the holidays as people who voted for this festering sore on the face of America? I can't think of it. It pains me, and yet I must think of it if only to bear witness. 

My nation is a nation that values individual rights BECAUSE we recognize the intrinsic value of every life and this whited sepulcher has just demonstrated to the entire world that he cares no more for a single American life than what he thinks it can bring him politically and his minions scramble to do the same. 

I am devastated that the entire nation has not risen to demand his removal, as have I and as I will continue to do until he is gone...or until I am. 
And if it does that to me, what must it be doing to our military? Particularly those who were in a position to help but who were told to stand down for HOURS? 

For those who still have the good sense to be Christians, pray as you may never have prayed before because we are going into a darkness such as this nation, nor this world has ever seen and there are very few candles. 


May our military forgive us;

  • for failing in our duty to keep this current "government" within it's Constitutional limits;
  • for failing to elect people of good character to those positions of authority over them;
  • for failing to see that their right to vote is respected;
  • for failing to hold those same people accountable for the smallest of breaches of that venerable document and;
  • for putting them in a place where they may neither defend themselves nor their fellow citizens, nor speak about it to anyone until they are retired. 
And that said, may the Lord forgive us as well for losing this nation, this gift of freedom, and, most of all for rejecting Him. This is the first election where neither of the two front running candidates are Christians, although both claim to be. How could we have lost our discernment in the short 230 + years since this nation's founding? 

" Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent bloodBut the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off."~ Psalm 94:20-23


2 comments:

West Bend Citizen Advocate said...

Ah...you have shared my heart on this issue better than I ever could have. My husband and I are both military veterans. The Benghazi issue is more than just a military muddle of manure, it is a shame and disgrace that slaps all veterans and active duty servicemembers in the face. The political maneuvers of the MSM to camouflage this incident are shameful, and the behavior by this president's use of power that lends complete disregard to human life is despicable. Our son currently serves in the Army in Afghanistan, and it sends chills down my spine to know that the president of MY country serves only as the king to military pawns, and in no way acts as a Commander in Chief that would go to every length to protect and defend the very soldiers who do the same for us each and every day. Believe me, I could go on....

Call Me Mom said...

Thank you for your service and that of the rest of your family. I will keep your son in my prayers.