Monday, February 16, 2009

Follow-up to the note.

I am back in town, but with a friend. The flu decided to join us for our trip home and I am not at my best.
This morning, I received a reply to my interest in matching New Hampshire's resolution 6 from the other half of my legislative representatives, my senator.
Here is his reply:

"Thank you for contacting me recently with your support for state’s rights.

I appreciate that you took the time to bring this resolution to my attention. I introduced a similar resolution last year but, unfortunately, the Democratic chairman of the Senate Committee on Ethics and Government Reform has not allowed a hearing on the bill. I plan to re-introduce the proposal in the next few weeks in order to renew this effort. We need to pull back our power and responsibilities from our federal government.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please contact me again if I can provide additional information or answer any questions."

I have asked him to provide a link to the text of that proposed resolution, and I will publish it here as soon as I receive it.

"And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear. "~Exodus 32:18

1 comment:

Dr.D said...

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry to hear that you brought that particular friend home with you. S/he is not a nice house guest.

Perhaps writing to a few other of your state legislators and asking them to co-sponsor the bill might help. The more support it has, the more likely it is to get moving. Of course, it would help if it did not go to a Dem controlled committee to get tied up. Perhaps a governmental affairs committee or something like that could be suggested.