Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I know this comes late as Thanksgiving has passed. I do, however want to recognize and give Thanks to God for the many blessings I have received. They include family and friends, the good fortune to live where I am generally safe and have food, clothing, shelter and clean water. I am truly blessed to be granted such a life of luxury and comparative ease.

But when giving thanks, I don't want to neglect my thanks for the many challenges and trials of my life. Some of them have been very painful and difficult, but I have learned valuable things from all of them. Sometimes the lessons I have learned have cost me dearly, but I would not trade them. They have shaped me into the person that I am today. Countless times they have saved me from worse trials or allowed me to help others avoid bad situations. They have also allowed me to offer counsel to others who are facing challenges of their own.

I have hope that these lessons will provide me with faith and hope in the trials to come.

I am truly thankful and bless and praise God for all the He has allowed me to learn and do in this lifetime as well as for His redeeming work on the cross.

"For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth."~Proverbs 3:12

No comments: