Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Saying it Doesn't Make it So

This morning, one of my first emails contained a link to this appalling video.



Notice a few things here.
1.) The crowd was rabid until a Democratic Rep., Brett Hulsey, stepped between them and Sen. Grothman. What would have happened if he had not been there?
2.) This crowd can chant "peaceful" as many times as they like-it doesn't change their behavior.
3.) One man shouts out "I want my democracy back". One more time. We don't have a democracy, we have never had a democracy, we have a REPUBLIC.
4.)Mr. Obama asked that we not "vilify" public employees. The only people vilifying these workers are themselves-by their outrageous behavior.

My prayers for Senator Grothman and the other legislators who have had to endure this kind of treatment over the past days. Stand strong. You are doing the right thing.

"Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;"~ 2Cor 11:25

No comments: